Future State is thrilled and humbled to share the news that we have once again been named a Best for Workers Honoree in the 2017 B Corporation Best for the World assessment. Best for Workers honorees are recognized for creating positive worker impact, and have earned a worker score in the top 10 percent of all Certified B Corporations on the rigorous B Impact Assessment.
As a people-centered consultant firm, we know that focusing on the people on our teams is one of the most critical elements to success. Being honored as one of the leaders in this category helps show that Future State walks the talk and treats our employees in the same way we advise our clients to: with respect for them as individuals who are driven to do great work by a desire to improve our world. When you give employees a great reason to come to work every day (fulfilling their own purpose) and give them the tools, freedom and support they need to get the work done, you get the best possible results.
Here are just a few of our practices that helped us earn this amazing honor.
1. We’re employee-owned: Sure, being employee-owned helped us earn points in the B Impact Assessment, but that’s not why we do it. We recognize that the best motivator of success is being fully engaged. When the financial rewards of our success are shared across our team, it motivates everyone to bring their strengths to the table every day, and helps enhance team unity.
2. We’re women-owned: Our company was founded by a woman, and more than 80 percent of our employee-owners are women. Most of our executive board is made up of women. Providing women a voice, an outlet for their passions, and the opportunity for advancement isn’t just a marketing strategy at Future State—it’s baked into our DNA.
3. We offer unlimited time off: Future State offers unlimited PTO, paid maternity and paternity leave, and a long-standing commitment to flexible work environments and schedules. Our productive team members work from homes across the nation, including from places as far-flung as houseboats and off-grid homes. This means our team can do their best work no matter where they are, and that they don’t have to sacrifice having families and full lives to contribute to our organization.
4. We support our team members: We support our colleagues in their commitment to the community, including time to contribute as members on Boards of Directors for organizations making a difference, including Healthcare Business Women’s Alliance, Watermark, Global Women’s Leadership Network, Vets in Tech and many more. We also support team members in serving public office and organizing for causes that matter to them.
5. We’re inclusive: In partnership with Opportunity Junction, we recently piloted an eLearning development training program directed to graduates of job-training programs. Our daring pilot participant learned Articulate Storyline and is now a full-time employee at Future State. This program allows us to provide above living-wage opportunities to local residents. Learn more about this program.
Find similar articles about inclusivity, leadership, and learning and development.