As the specialized skills gap and talent shortage continue to expand in the Bay area and across the U.S., Future State readies its On-Demand Workforce to provide temporary, industry-specific support to companies that cannot afford to wait for talent.
Staff augmentation has seen significant growth in recent years. What was once a euphemism for outsourcing has matured into a robust business strategy, says Lynette Phillips, Future State Client Portfolio Director. In fact, nearly 20 percent of Future State’s business is dedicated to staff augmentation and on-demand project management.
The June 2018 edition of Inc. magazine makes the case for companies seeking unconventional candidates outside the immediate talent pool. The article promotes using part-time, project-based work as a way to engage overlooked yet highly skilled talent in mothers, retirees, veterans, career pivoters, and those with disabilities.
Much like Future State, the article’s author advocates for alternative hiring solutions. At the root, staff augmentation is an efficient and affordable option for companies in need of high-quality talent quickly.
Staff augmentation is a matter of hiring specialized talent to gain a competitive advantage—something at which Future State excels. Here, we share the benefits of staff augmentation so your company can develop a powerful, multifaceted business strategy to curb the talent drought.
The Benefits of Staff Augmentation Services
1) Access to distinct skill sets: Unemployment among highly skilled workers is almost non-existent, which has made freelancing an appealing option. Growing availability means employers can select contractors with the ideal proficiencies for the job—bringing the full force of their expertise to the company. Future State helps identify and onboard these freelancers.
2) Cost-savings: Staff augmentation can reduce business costs and increase profitability by:
3) Efficient hiring: Companies can often hire consultants more quickly than full time employees since the hiring process usually doesn’t involve HR or require extensive interviews. When there are limits on increasing headcount, separate budgets may still allow for consultants or temporary employees. increasing headcount.
4) A focused and unbiased workforce: Because consultants are hired to undertake specific projects and meet firm deadlines, they approach tasks with precision and focus. Their goal is to ensure the client’s success on the specific projects they’ve been tasked with.
5) Flexibility: Staff augmentation enables companies to adapt quickly. By adding specialized talent, companies can expand their in-house team when project deadlines require a larger workforce. This flexibility allows companies to respond faster to changes in the market and exploit opportunities for growth.
6) Attain assistance without administrative complications: Agencies providing staff augmentation oversee payroll, benefits, unemployment, coaching, termination and performance issues, so companies don’t have to devote additional administrative capacity and expense. Agencies can also manage project plans, budgets, and resources to ensure that project milestones and spending are on target.